Writing an Entry
The approximately 515 alphabetically arranged entries of IEQ (encompassing all concepts, events, person, places, and things mentioned in the Qur’an) go through the following steps:
- Author contacts firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating interest in contributing an available article.
- Author receives approval and draws a conceptual map to determine the range of concepts/dimensions covered, organizing the Qur'anic usage of the relevant terms into categories and listing the verses under these categories. This outline provides the logical organization of the entry (headings and subheadings) and thematically organizes all relevant Qurʾānic verses addressed in the entry. This outline is sent to email@example.com and reviewed by the IEQ editorial board; comments are returned to the author within 7 days.
- When an article outline has been agreed upon, the author receives, signs, and returns a contract stipulating remuneration (depending on length, to be paid at submission of final manuscript), due date (generally 3-6 months, depending on length), and confidentiality. The author is also provided with the IEQ fonts.
- When an article draft has been submitted, it is reviewed by the editorial board. It may be returned to the author for substantial revision, to be resubmitted within 2-4 weeks. The author is expected to adhere to the author guidelines in writing the text. See also the list of Frequently Cited Works and the list of helpful author names and dates. Please see sample entries.
- When the revised article has been accepted, it is sent to assistant editors for line, language, and copyediting. Depending on editorial deadlines, this may occur before author revisions. The text is then typeset and the author receives a final proof.